Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

So Many Health Problems....So Little Time

We have noticed that Isabella has been spitting up an awful lot lately and we were getting concerned. We know that with her acid reflux she would be spitting up more, but not like this. I thought maybe it was because she was "growing out of her medication" meaning she was gaining more weight and needed a dose boost. My sister had given us her old baby scale and we weighed Isabella. She had gained almost 2 pounds since her last weight check at the doctor's office. So I called the office to see if she did need a boost. They wanted us to bring her in to get checked out. We brought her in and they weighed her and she had actually gained 2 pounds 5 ounces. She is now 12 pounds 12 ounces. So they upped her Zantac dose to 2.3 ml. Not very much but it's something to a baby. They also put her on a special formula (Alimentum) because with her spitting up issues paired with her eczema, she might have a milk allergy. Hopefully she will grow out of that by the time she is one year old. It's very likely, apparently it's very common for babies to have milk allergies early in life while their digestive system is developing. This formula is for babies that have a milk protein allergy. Gosh I hope this passes. I feel so bad for her and all her little problems here and there. We are paying special attention to her eczema because a milk allergy can aggravate eczema. If it gets better on this formula, it's even more likely she has the milk allergy. 


She had been sleeping through the night for weeks now. Then, in the past week, all of a sudden she started waking up around 4:00am to be changed and fed again. We had no idea why this happened, but as of last night, she is sleeping through again. Whew, I hope that ship has sailed. I don't think we can go back to the middle of the night feedings again. That was just torture for two people who love sleeping. She is still working on lifting her head for longer periods of time, and sitting up a bit more (with help of course). She isn't exactly holding her bottle herself yet, but with propping she is trying to. It's still too heavy for her to hold on her own with no help. Matt and I will sometimes use something to prop up her arms to hold the bottle and watch her carefully so she doesn't start sucking air. We also have to turn the bottle upside down so the food flows for her. 

The point is that she is trying to help :D

I snapped a picture of her the other day while we were taking a walk. She always has this confused look on her face when we are walking...almost as if she isn't sure what she should be doing. I call it her "Walk Shock Face"

Walk Shock




Isabella and daddy have been playing a lot lately. Here are a few pictures:




Well that's about it for now. We wish everyone a very happy Easter weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment