| Isabella 3/17/2011 |
I'm sorry it has been awhile since the last blog entry again. Isabella is keeping us on our toes these days. Now that she has more awake time during the day and evenings, she is demanding more 'face time' with Matt and I. We are enjoying it though, watching her get bigger and her personality is popping up more and more. She had her 2 month well baby check this week. She is now at 10 pounds 7 ounces and 22 1/2 inches long. A big change from her 2 week well baby check. We are so happy that she is on the right growing track.
We did have concerns for the pediatrician this visit though. Isabella has been crying at lot when she isn't eating, spitting up more than she should be and for longer periods of time (she will be spitting up for hours after she has eaten when it should have been digested already). Plus she seems to be in pain when she is being burped or laying on her back. When she is sleeping she will wake up crying or screaming, then going back to sleep. Dr. Peterson thinks it's either acid refux or a milk allergy. Poor baby!
So we have her on a liquid form of Zantac twice a day until her next well baby check at 4 months. We will see how this changes things. If she is still showing symptoms then we will have to start her on a formula that is soy based or lactose free. So far we have noticed a little bit of difference in her disposition since she has been on the Zantac. She isn't waking up crying or screaming anymore and the amount she is spitting up isn't as bad as it once was. Burping seems to come easier to her now too. She should grow out of this at least for her childhood. I have acid reflux and I don't remember getting it until I was an adult. According to my parents I had colic when I was a baby and that might have meant I had acid reflux and doctors back then didn't diagnose that in babies. I really hope she grows out of it. The only developmental issue that Isabella seems to have right now is she isn't watching her hands. The pediatrician didn't seem too concerned about it, but apparently she was concerned enough to bring it up. Everything else though seems to be normal. She also got her 2 month shots that day too. She did very well, only cried for a little bit. She calmed down pretty fast after Matt held her for awhile.
| Moose in our driveway 3/16/2011 |
Isabella is doing so well this St. Patrick's Day. She slept from 11:00pm last night to 9:30am this morning. She hasn't been very fussy today or cried much. I hope that means that the Zantac is really kicking in. She has just been such a happy baby today. It's hard to believe that she is the same baby! She has been sleeping from about 11:00pm every night to between 6:00am and 8:30am every morning for the past couple of weeks. It's been very nice for Matt and I. We have started a bedtime routine and that has helped her quite a bit I think. Gradually we will be moving the bedtime back hour by hour to get her on a "normal" bedtime instead of 11:00pm.
I had a birthday on March 12th and to celebrate we went to Starbucks and got coffee, then went back home and spent a quiet day with the family. We did Skype with Matt's family in Oregon that day too. Isabella got to meet some more of her family on his side that day. Matt is due for his birthday on March 31st and I'm sure we will be doing about the same thing...maybe minus the Starbucks.
![]() |
| Isabella playing with her "friends" |
| Isabella on 3/12/2011 2 months old! |
![]() |
| Isabella and her daddy sleeping on the couch |




Are you breastfeeding or is she on formula? Averie was fussy and gassy and spitting up a lot. She even vomitted a couple of times and we tried Good Start, Similac Sensitive, Alimentum (gave her diarrhea but it worked) and now we are on Enfamil Nutramigen. She is doing so much better now.
ReplyDeleteYou could try giving her Gripe Water.