Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 28, 2011

Stacy Sans Gallbladder

I had my gallbladder removed on Wednesday February 16th, it was an outpatient surgery. Matt's mother had gone back to Oregon the weekend before so we no longer had a "live-in babysitter" in case this happened, so my mom took the day off from work and came out to our house to watch Isabella so she wouldn't have to be at the hospital with us. We appreciated it because it allowed Matt to be at the hospital with me during the surgery. 
After the surgeon took out my gallbladder he noticed that I may have had a stone lodged in my bile duct too (the bile duct stays in). He was unable to remove it himself because he would have had to make a very large incision, plus he just does not have the tools to do it. He said only a couple doctors do and they are in Anchorage. So on Monday February 21st I had a procedure called an ERPC ( go here to see what an ERPC is ) at Providence Hospital in Anchorage. Since we live in the valley, I had to stay overnight at the hospital after the ERPC procedure in case of complications. Apparently there might have been pain or something more serious happen and the doctor wanted me close so we wouldn't have to make the hour long drive back to the hospital. Everything turned out fine. My parents had that Monday off since it was President's Day so on our way to the hospital in Anchorage we dropped Isabella off at their house so once again she wouldn't have to be waiting around the hospital with Matt. My procedure only lasted about a half hour, but we had no way of knowing that. We were told it could last anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Then again we were also told that the doctor doing the procedure was the "master" and he was quick and efficient...we should have known it was going to be quick. So quick in fact, that I had NO trouble coming out of the anesthesia. It didn't take me long at all, and I wasn't super groggy or tired the rest of the day. Very nice change from the surgery the week before when once I got home I was passed out for the rest of the day. 
Matt stayed with me at the hospital for a few hours after the procedure, but he needed to get back to my parents' house to pick up Isabella. He had her by himself that night while I was in the hospital. I had though I might get a night of uninterrupted sleep, but once I found out that the area of the hospital I was staying in was the overflow for the maternity ward...I knew that wasn't going to happen. It was just like being at home sometimes. For the most part it wasn't so bad. Later on that night I had a visit from my Aunt Rita and Uncle John. Then the next morning my mom came to visit for an hour or so. Later that afternoon around 2pm I was released and my mom came to pick me up and drive me home so Matt wouldn't have to drag Isabella into Anchorage just to get me and bring us back. Thanks mom!


Overall it's been a very busy month. I'm still recovering from the surgery. I have very sore upper abdominal muscles and it's tough getting around and doing things still. Matt has been very helpful with Isabella's nighttime feedings and helping out during the day. I'm attempting to do a bit more each day, but some days are worse than others. I had a follow up with my surgeon this past Friday so he could check my incisions and everything seems to be healing fine. He didn't seem to concerned with the amount of pain I'm still in considering we have a newborn and I'm most likely doing more than a "normal" person would be at this point after surgery. I just need to take things one day at a time.


I had my 6 week doctors appointment last Wednesday and I'm all healed up and back to normal from the delivery. Isabella has her 2 month appointment on March 16th, and I'll be sure to update everyone on how that goes. She has been eating very well, and growing like a weed. She eats anywhere from 3-6 ounces at every feeding. That is a big improvement from her 2 ounces every feeding. Matt and I are currently attempting to get her on something of a schedule. We have had to fight with her every night for weeks from 10pm to 2am, and it was time for that to stop. We are trying to get into a bedtime routine and get her down for nighttime sleep at 11p, so far it's working pretty well. She will sleep until between 3-5am depending on how much food she eats at her last feeding. Then she gets fed when she wakes up and sleeps another 3-4 hours. It's pretty nice to have our nights back a little bit. 


Well that's all for now. I hope everyone has a great week :D
Here is Isabella being fed by Grandmama Susan (Chloe waiting to be petted)

Striking a pose :)



Here she is in a hat Grandmama Susan made her...it's a little big but she'll grow into it :)




Isabella with her cousin Ashlynn on 2/27/11



No comments:

Post a Comment