Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 13, 2010

Another NST Appointment

Matt and I went in today for another NST appointment (non stress test). Everything is still going good, nothing major to report. Baby was more active in the waiting room than she was hooked up to the monitor though. It's pretty frustrating when we can't do anything to get her to move, she needs to do it on her own. I even planned my snack to be eaten while I was hooked up to the monitor to try and get her to move sooner. The sooner she moves, the sooner I get to see my OB and leave.
She did well once she started moving. Heart rate went up when she would move, like it's supposed to.
I am scheduled for a "growth ultrasound" on 12/29 with one of the MD's at the office. What that ultrasound does is try to determine how big the baby is and how well the amniotic fluid looks. If the baby is looking too big, then we will discuss C-section options. Otherwise, I won't be scheduled for a C-section just because I have gestational diabetes. YAY! I have read that when they do these ultrasounds, they can be pretty off on the size and weight of the baby. So I'm not going to take it as 100% truth when we find out. We will just have to see what the MD says. I hope she isn't growing too fast!
My midwife said today that December is one of the busiest months for births. She said that I'm lucky I'm due in January because it's a lot calmer. I hope it's calmer! She was saying that they have been in and out of the hospital for days delivering babies. BAH! I hope it's not super busy when it's my time.


My midwife looked at my blood glucose numbers and she did agree that they are getting "iffy". It's another thing I will be talking to the MD about. It's very possible that I'll be put on medication the last weeks of pregnancy....then again I am in the last weeks of pregnancy. :)
She said that because this is my first baby, it's very doubtful that I will deliver too early, as in before 37 weeks. That is very good news, because the baby is considered full term at 37 weeks, and as of this last Sunday I'm 35 weeks. Just need to cook a bit longer.


We have our prenatal consultation appointment at the pediatricians office on Wednesday. I'm still trying to come up with more questions for the doctor and the staff to answer. I'll blog about that visit on Wednesday night. 


Matt also has gotten word from a couple of people that he will be able to work some in the next couple of months! It's been a tough winter so far, and hopefully, this is the beginning of better times. He heard from Sheldon Air Services (his main employer) that he is officially the Director of Maintenance. They just can't afford to pay him a salary this winter. So he has the title, just not the money that should go with it. He has also been in contact with a friend of his that needs some winter work done on his airplanes in Palmer for the next couple of months before the Iditarod starts. 


That's all for now, I hope everyone is having a great week!








No comments:

Post a Comment