Hello All!
First, let me give you the results of last weeks baby name poll:
Kendal: 2
Lilybeth: 3
Lilliann: 2
Norabell: 1
Paige: 3
Both Lilybeth and Paige will go on to the final round! Thanks to everyone who voted!!
Matt and I came up with (possibly) our last round of names. They are on the new baby name poll to the right. Please vote on your favorite name! If you have any suggestions for us on a name, please leave a comment at the end of this post and tell us! You can always email either one of us, or send us a Facebook message too. We are running out of names and apparently, naming a human is not the same as naming a pet (and we didn't even name Chloe!). If we get enough names, we can post another poll!
Today I had my glucose screening test. We won't find out the results until later on in the week. Even then, they will only call if they found something with the glucose test. They also took another vile of blood for an anemia test, and they will call if they find anything wrong with that. I'll either have to go back in for the three hour glucose test, or if I seem to be anemic, I'll have to start taking iron pills. So if I don't hear from the doctors office by Friday I'm going to assume everything came out fine.
Some of you might be wondering if I'm really seeing a doctor for my pregnancy. The answer is no, I'm seeing a midwife/nurse practitioner. I don't deal well with doctors and I find they don't have the best bedside manner. I always go to nurse practitioners if I can. Anyway, my midwife will be the one who delivers the baby, unless she is not available. Then whoever is on call at the time will. Matt and I have met both midwives and the "real" doctor who work at the office. So we are ok with whoever will be delivering...I just hope it's not the doctor.
At today's appointment, besides the blood testing, we heard the baby's heartbeat. Everything is still going fine. They gave us a packet to preregister at the hospital, and things I can expect in the last few months of pregnancy. I only have a couple more weeks left of the 2nd trimester!!!
Our first labor and birth class is next Tuesday (Oct 12th) and we are pretty excited about it! I can't wait to hear what they have to say about everything. I wish a tour of the labor and delivery wing was part of the class, but it's not. We have to call the hospital to make special arrangements for a tour. We will be doing that in the next month or so.
Before I head off just wanted to thank those of you who have subscribed to the blog via email! It's a great way to stay on top of the blog posts. Just make sure that you click the link you get in your email when you first sign up so FeedBurner knows your authorized. It will insure you get the emails when I post.
That's all for now! I hope everyone has a great week!



No comments:
Post a Comment