Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Back From Oregon & New Name Poll

Hello all! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. We just got back from Oregon late Monday night. When we got to the Portland airport, they told us that our flight was cancelled, but the silver lining was that we were already booked on a later flight non stop to Anchorage! The original flight was to take us to Seattle where we would have to board yet another airplane to Anchorage. I was VERY happy to hear that we would only have to get on one airplane. The downside was that we got into Anchorage later than expected. We didn't get home until close to 1:00am on Tuesday because of the drive from Anchorage to Wasilla. We had a good time overall in Oregon. A couple bumps, but so far everything has turned out fine. It was a very busy time while we were down there, visiting Matt's family and enjoying out last "vacation" without a baby in tow. Next time, it won't be so easy...

I put up a new name poll. It's looking like it will be the last one, we have run out of names we like, and have used all the ones we did like. If anyone has any more suggestions, please let us know so I can add them to the next name poll. Otherwise, this will be the last one before the final poll featuring all the "winning" names in the previous polls. Please remember that when a name wins, that doesn't mean it's going to be the name we use. So please don't go out and buy a bunch of things with the winning name on it. We may or may not use it. We won't be staking claim on a name until she is born. We want to see what she looks like before we name her. No one will know the name for sure until after the birth...even us! Here are the results of the last name poll:


Rose: 2
Annaliesa: 1
Faith: 4
Libby: 0
Lorelei: 0



Matt and I had our last childbirth preparation class last night. I'm glad we made it back in time for it because I learned much more in this class than I had in previous classes. Did you know that it isn't safe to use crib bumpers anymore?? I sure didn't. Something about air flow being blocked by the bumper. This class was pretty important because it was the class we had to bring in our car seat to be checked over by the instructor. We wanted to get it done especially since we are using Jody's old car seat, so it's not brand new. Even though we knew the history of the car seat, it was still a good idea to get it checked out to make sure it was still in safe shape for the baby. The good news is that it passed the inspection. We even got props because we are using a car seat "cover" that stretches over the top of the car seat (protecting the baby from wind, rain, snow and cold) Example. Another couple in the class had one that pretty much wrapped the baby up in the car seat, and apparently that is not ok. Example
The instructor said that you really don't want to add anything that didn't already come with the seat. So, because the one we have just goes over the seat, the baby isn't in any real danger. The other one actually fits inside the seat, the baby sits on it, and it engulfs the baby. Not good. So we got props and at least two other couples had already bought the "wrong" one. HA! :)

I think that's all I have to report this week. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and have a
Happy Halloween!


=^..^=Chloe loves her pumpkin =^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment