Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Rice Cereal Feeding

Saturday Matt and I decided to feed Isabella her first solid food. Although when the formula and rice cereal mixed up, it was so thin I bet we could have just put it in her bottle. She did ok, that day. She was fed twice. Sunday we had people over for a visit in the afternoon so we were only able to feed her rice cereal in the evening, and she did a little better. Sunday was my first time feeding her, Matt did it on Saturday. Yesterday she did awesome! Because she slept so well during her naps yesterday I was only able to fit in one rice cereal feeding, but she ate it all! We are giving her half the serving they recommend because she wasn't even close to eating all of the full servings before she would get frustrated. So since she ate the whole half serving yesterday I'll keep making half servings the rest of the week, then maybe this weekend I'll try making a whole serving again. We are going to keep her on just rice cereal for awhile, slowly thickening it as the days go by. The goal is to have her eating other foods just before she is 6 months old. But, only time will tell :D

Here is the video we took of her very first feeding (it's about 9 minutes long)



1 comment:

  1. Nice wonderful baby... You're so funny dear . Love you...
    sherron george

    ReplyDelete