We headed into Eagle River (for the third Sunday in a row) to a BBQ at my parents house. Isabella got a Bumbo seat from them that she hung out in for awhile:
For those of you who don't know what the heck a Bumbo seat is, it's a pretty cool little baby chair. Ashlynn had one when she was a baby and she really liked it.
The only downside to them is that you have to watch them while they are in it and you can't leave them in it for too long...for whatever reason. Isabella likes it, but will only tolerate it for so long. Then she starts getting all upset because she can't stretch out. What a baby! :D
I'm glad that my parents did not get a pink one. We are happy with all our things for Isabella, but we are trying to make things as neutral as we can. It looks better if a girl is in "boy" colored things, but not so much the other way around.
Anyway, Isabella had a good time at grandma and grandpa Forbes' house Sunday. Then on our way home we stopped at my grandparents' house so Isabella could visit with them for a bit. She was very grateful that her great grandma Staudinger fed her. After all, it's a long drive back to the valley.
We also got another picture of her around her 4 month birth date. I'm having a really hard time getting pictures of her ON her milestone days. I'm doing my best though!
| Isabella 5/9/2011 (4 months) |
Isabella is getting more and more on a schedule (YAY!!!!!!) I can tell she is because when things are different one day, she is fussy, hard to get to sleep and just overall in a crabby-apple mood. The days when she wakes up at 7:00am seem to be her best days for naps (with that comes a better mood for the day). So 7:00am, wake up call. Down for her morning nap at 9:00am up by 11:30, then down again for her afternoon nap around 1:30 then up by 3:30 or 4:00p Then maybe a small nap sometime before bed time around 8:30 9:00. Generally speaking, she sleeps all night, but sometimes I end up awake at 4:30am rocking in her rocking chair feeding her. It's really too bad that I can't predict when that is going to happen. I just never know and that's the way she likes it.
I'm still slowly learning how to do daily things alone with her. Some things I'm still not doing until Matt is home to help watch her. During her naps I do get some things done, but for the most part I'm relaxing after entertaining her for two hours straight. I'm glad that she enjoys watching me do things most of the time. Like folding laundry is her favorite. Especially blankets, because they are bright colors and so big I imagine. Eating has become difficult. I never know how long she is going to sleep for, so planning my meals has become a thing of the past. It's not helping with my weight loss goals either. Choosing the healthy option is not always the easiest rout, so it's not the rout I choose. Mac and cheese with hot dogs has become a weekly staple. I'm on the look out for easy quick and healthy options that I can just grab and heat up or grab and eat. If only TV dinners weren't so expensive!
That's it for now. Matt is coming home tonight for the weekend and Isabella is just beside herself with excitement! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :D


No comments:
Post a Comment