Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nursery Updates

                                           Hello All!


We hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Matt and I had another house warming party yesterday afternoon, and we had a lot of fun. It was nice catching up with some people that we hadn't seen in awhile. Mostly friends from Change Point were there. We have had to have a couple of house warming parties because it being summer in Alaska (despite the rainy weather this year) it has been very hard to catch people on a weekend that they aren't busy. I think we are done with them now. Soon it's going to be tough to just get people to come out for dinner because the roads will be snowy.


As some of you know, Matt and I finished painting the nursery Friday afternoon. The Tinkerbell green is...brighter than what I thought it would be. I'm slowly getting used to it now.Unfortunately, pictures just don't show the color the way I want it to. So when you look, imagine the green being a tad bit brighter. Almost neon, eek! Painting stripes was a little more challenging than we thought it would be. Apparently, painting stripes on a textured wall is more complicated than if we had done it on a non-textured wall. Click HERE to see the nursery album.


I figured out this week that what I have been feeling for the last week or so really are baby kicks. Heck, I didn't believe it until one day I was sitting on the couch and actually put my hand on my stomach where I felt it and I felt the kick on my hand! I yelled for Matt to come so he could feel before she stopped. He was able to feel the baby kick for the first time that day last week. You know that we are a tech family because as soon as he felt the kicks, he jumped on Facebook and updated his status to tell everyone he felt the kick. She has been moving around more these days. She moves and kicks quite a bit when I'm hungry, which is an interesting reminder to eat. :)


We don't have too much going on in the next week. It's a good thing because we had a lot going on this past week. Matt will be heading up to Talkeetna to work for a day or so, and I'm thinking about making some vegetable stock to freeze. Chicken stock will be next because we have three or four chicken carcasses frozen waiting for stock. Chloe is being a pest at night, trying to sleep on my stomach, but otherwise she is handling things well. She is afraid of some of the stuffed toys we have been getting from Ashlynn's baby days. Especially the ones that make barking noises. 


Everyone have a great week ahead!!


Stacy Schneider

No comments:

Post a Comment